There are not many who mention about gas grills from Napoleon but you can be sure that this Ultra Chef model from their company really stands out. You’ll be surprised to find out that this model is even called their “entry model”. Despite being labelled as such, don’t judge too quickly. What really stands out about this gas grill is the quality of the model as a whole. You won’t pay for cheap stainless steel quality.
Basically, what you get from the Ultra Chef Series are as follows regardless of the 7 different variants/types of Napoleon Ultra Chef gas grills you can choose from.
Ultra Chef Series Features
- Every ultra chef series comes with 3 stainless steel burners that run from front to back to give you even heating as well as the ability to cook directly and indirectly
- 507 square inches of cooking area. More than enough to cook a large feast. This cooking area also includes the warming rack
- Stainless steel temperature gauge using Napoleon’s ACCU-Probe technology
- Stainless steel side shelves – which can be removed and stored easily.
- Gas Grill lid that seals really tightly to ensure heat is trapped as well as possible to ensure your meals are well-cooked.
- Electronic ignition
- Easy to use and ergonomic control knobs
- Heavy duty WAVE™ procelainized cast iron reversible channel grids to not only ensure your food is well-cooked but alsowell-moist while cooking.
- All Ultra Chef Series grills come with RADIANT WAVE™ stainless steel sear plates to prevent flare ups and ensure that you get the best sear quality for your meat!
- 2 Stainless Steel infrared burners
Some models even come with sideburners on the side shelves for additional cooking space. But the latter is unncessary in my opinion.
My Only Problem With The Ultra Chef 405 and Other Ultra Chef Series
The MAIN problem with the Ultra Chef Series is that the frame is pretty flimsy despite the stainless steel built. I don’t doubt the quality of the actual grill itself but the frame supporting it seems a bit weak and unsteady. In general, this grill does not use the best of materials but I would think that this helps to move the grill easier and lower its price by just a little.
My Final Verdict With The Ultra Chef 405 Gas Grill
What you pay is what you get here and despite being an entry level model, it grills really well and produces nice searing marks on your steak thanks to its good quality cooking grates. Also, flare ups are much less in this model.
Napoleon has sacrificed the materials for good grilling quality in this grill. No doubt the stainless steel burners and stainless steel infrared burners will last longer, require less care and give you great grilling results. I would say that this is one of the best gas grills at this price that comes with more than enough features to impress your guests and your taste bud.
Certainly, as I’ve mentioned before, there are other variants to the Ultra Chef Series,so be sure to check this one out first!
Enuf’ said, why not check out this model here! >>