The Broil King Signet series is probably one of the most understated gas grills around. It is also one of those grills that actually can be an alternative to Weber itself. This grill does not come cheap but you will be surprised with the workmanship, materials used, quality and the accessories you get from this grill itself. You definitely won’t pay this price for a Weber grill equivalent to this.
This is not one of those grills that is difficult to maintain, that uses cheap materials that rust within a short time and just adds up costs of maintenance after using it a while. To put it in one sentence, the Broil King Signet 90 is your complete outdoor grill system.
Features To Expect
Out of the box and once you’ve set it up you will realize that this is a fairly large sized gas grill. Definitely something I didn’t expect first hand when I got it a couple of month ago. This is what you should expect in terms of features of the Broil King Signet 90:
- It is mostly made of stainless steel. The oven is made of Therma-Cast™ aluminum with stainless steel wrap
- Premium rotisserie kit to enjoy cooking chicken or turkey on your grill.
- Stainless steel sideburners, rotisserie burner and Dual Tube burner system
- Heavy duty porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- A total cooking surface of about 635 square inches + total primary cooking space of 400 square inch. Enough to cook a huge feast!
- Sure-Lite™ electronic ignition system
- Stainless steel Flav-R-Wave™ cooking system
- Linear flow control valves
- Main burner output: 40000 BTU. Rear Rotisserie Burner output: 15000 BTU. Stainless steel sideburner output: 10000 BTU
- Deluxe Accu-Temp thermometer
As you can see, this is a bit list of features that comes with the Signet 90 but there is so much more to discover with this machine. I can tell you that this is a darn good grill after using it for a few months.
Features That I Like
This is a grill that actually does these things (PROS):
- Heats surprisingly evenly
- Heats up really quick to temperatures of almost 700 degrees celsius! NO KIDDING
- Large and generous cooking space, more generous than a Weber equivalent to this.
- Large enough area to cook your food with indirect heat. Much more efficent if you want to cook this way compared to other models.
- Heavy duty rear rotisserie
- Easy to assemble components
- Nice overall appearance.
- Quality materials that will last a long time and put a smile on your face
- The Dual Tube burners area really cool feature.
- Evenly distributes the flow of gas to the whole grill
Features That You Might Not Like
I wouldn’t say that the features here are really bad but no gas grill is 100% perfect.
Problems you might find with this grill are (CONS):
- Probably difficult to clean cast iron cooking grates
- Less efficient compared to a Weber gas grill
- Some parts of the grill construction uses rather thin metal sheets. In my opinion, just be careful when handling to avoid easy denting.
This grill is definitely more for someone who wants a great alternative to a great functioning grill without the expensive price tag.
What Customers Are Saying
“The Broil King Signet 90 gives you exceptional performance! Expect some serious heat from this grill in a short time. Enough to sear you meat evenly with all the great aroma and taste sealed inside! Love the controls as well. They all function really well. This grill definitely gives Weber a run for their money!”
“I’ve now grilled with the Broil King signet 90 a dozen times already and it really is consistent across all burners! I can’t detect any difference in temperature between the burners, and I LOVE being able to truly do “indirect” cooking. Everytime I grill with it I have great results. The premium rotisserie kit is a fantastic bonus!“
Seriously, the Broil King Signet 90 is a very good grill considering the price you pay. I can assure you for all the features you get from it, you are certainly not paying premium price unlike most other Weber grills. It heats evenly, has many great features and it can cook a storm! Best of all it is really easy to use although assembling might take approximately 2 hours. But overall, this is a great grill to own.
You probably should check out the review below for more details